CLOSURES ON I-635 AT PARK CENTRAL
DALLAS – On Wednesday, March 14, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following nightly closures will be in place:
- 3 right lanes on eastbound I-635 between Preston and Coit Rd will be closed.
- The Coit exit ramp from eastbound I-635 to the frontage road be closed.
- The Preston entrance ramp to eastbound I-635 will be closed.
- Alternating lanes of eastbound I-635 at Park Central will be closed.
- The left lane of westbound I-635 frontage road and the Park Central Bypass will be closed.
In addition, from 8 p.m. to 10 a.m., the right lane of eastbound I-635 frontage road from Welch to Inwood will be closed.
OnThursday and Friday, March 14-15, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following closures will be in place:
- The left lane of westbound I-635 frontage road and the Park Central bypass will be closed.
This work is weather-permitting. Updated closure information is posted daily on Twitter (@LBJExpress) and Facebook (facebook.com/thelbjexpress).
This work is part of the $2.6 billion LBJ Express project, which began in 2011 and was completed in September 2015, included the reconstruction of expanded frontage lanes and main lanes, as well as the addition of bypass lanes and TEXpress managed lanes along IH 635 between Luna Rd. and Greenville Ave. and IH 35E between Loop 12 and Valley View Ln. in Dallas. This expansive reconstruction project is successfully alleviating traffic congestion along one of the busiest highway corridors in the state, with as many as 250,000 cars traveling the stretch daily.
Drivers are encouraged to “Know Before They Go,” and visit www.lbjtexpress.com or (@LBJExpress) and (facebook.com/thelbjexpress).) for upcoming closures. Closures are subject to weather conditions, and construction activities may be postponed if necessary.