ATTENTION: HOV drivers who previously used Drive On TEXpress to pre-register for HOV discounts must switch to the GoCarma app to continue receiving HOV discounts. For everything you need to know about switching over to the new app available now, visit GoCarma.com/dfw
Please note, the GoCarma app is an independent platform developed by Carma Technologies Corporation through a contract with the North Central Texas Council of Governments.
LBJ TEXpress Lanes HOV Qualifications
You will qualify for an HOV toll discount as long as:
- You have at least two people in the vehicle, such as a driver and a passenger (motorcycles do not require a passenger).
- You have a valid TollTag, TxTag or EZ TAG account in good standing (i.e. cannot fall into a negative balance)
- Your Tag is properly mounted on your vehicle's windshield—including motorcycles—for our scanners to read them.
- Your trip is during weekday rush-hour periods, Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- You use the GoCarma app technology (more info below)
Activating the HOV Discount
GoCarma eliminates the weekly/daily pre-registration, the 15-minute wait for HOV activation and the 10-minute wait for HOV deactivation.
With GoCarma, you simply register once and start saving. The app uses Bluetooth to automatically verify that you're part of a carpool. Motorcycles registered through GoCarma will always be reported with an HOV status.
How GoCarma Works
For detailed instructions on how to get setup with and use GoCarma, please visit GoCarma.com/dfw
- Get the GoCarma app - Make sure each person in your car has the GoCarma app set up on their phone. (motorcycles do not require a passenger)
- Set Up Your GoCarma Pass - GoCarma will send you a free GoCarma Pass, a small Bluetooth device for your car’s glove box.
- Use the LBJ TEXpress Lanes - During weekday peak periods, GoCarma automatically verifies your HOV status.
- Get HOV Toll Discounts - An HOV toll discount appears on your toll bill statement for your peak period HOV trips.
GoCarma Customer Support
For live chat support, help with technical questions and how to get started with the new GoCarma technology (i.e. what to do if you or your passenger do not have a smartphone), please visit the GoCarma Help Center
- The GoCarma call center is available at 469-606-3920, Monday-Friday; 9am – 5pm CT.
- Additionally, you can chat with GoCarma customer support through the GoCarma app.
The Regional Transportation Council set a policy to move to more advanced technology to verify HOV status and replace manual enforcement. One smartphone in each registered vehicle is required through the GoCarma technology selected to meet the RTC’s policy.